2005-10-14

White Chicken Meat with Cucumber


Cucumbers and carrots go very well with white chicken meat, at least, for me. The carrots have been marinated with vineger and sugar for an hour. Its purpose is to stimulate KK's appetite to eat vegetables.

My boyfriend, KK dislikes vegetables. But, I like vegetables a lot. Oh well, I always try to make a dish that combines our preferences in taste and ingredients mutually. Sometimes, when we go to a restaurant, he can take the remaining meat that I could not finish. Vice versa, I "clean" the vegetables on his plate. We "share" our foods without conflict. It works awesome!

Okay, let's talk about this recipe. To make this dish, all you need is a frozen hen which I bought from Walmart. There are 2 hens in one red package from "Tyson" brand.

1. Boil a pot of hot water, then boil the hen over medium high heat until it is fully cooked.

2. Take the chicken out of the pot, the remaining water in the pot will be your chicken soup later.

3. Cut the whole chicken into pieces. The pictures only show the white meat(=chicken breast).

4. Place black pepper, cucumber and marinated carrot slices on the white meat. I serve it with oyster sauce.

You can add some vegetables you like into the pot of chicken boiled soup. I add Napa cabbages and green onions. What can I say, 1 pot makes you 2 dishes!


Okay, that's all for today. Stay tuned for our next meal, coming to your way!


1 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Great photographs - I love how you plate the food!

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home