2005-10-17

Salmon with Picadilly Salsa



Salmon is very popular. Most importantly, salmon is also one of the healthiest fishes we can eat.

Recently, KK wanted to eat fish. So, we bought a salmon fillets package. It has been a while I have not made any fish dish :) very excited to make some delicious salmon … …

I usually prefer to bake the salmon and serve it with different kind of sauces or on pasta. This time, I decided to make “Salmon with Picadilly Salsa” which is a recipe given at the back of the salmon package “Wild Salmon Fillets” from The Fishing Company, Seattle USA.

Salmon with Picadilly Salsa

1 red pepper diced (I do not have red pepper, so I replace it with tomatoes)
½ cup minced sweet onions
½ cup diced pineapple (unsweetened) (I also add diced yellow and red papaya)
3 tsp. minced cilantro
1/3 cup minced gherkins (Sorry, I do not have this)
1 tsp. vinegar or lemon juice
Salt and cayenne pepper to taste ( I also add little sugar)



Combine all ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate salsa for 1 hour before serving. It is a fun experiment making salsa, first time in my life. I do not know what does Picadilly mean. I tried to check the dictionary, but could not find the exact word "Picadilly". It does sound mysterious ... If anyone knows, please let me know, that would be very helpful :)

Preheat oven to 375


Pour butter into an oven-safe pan. Add the salmon and pour some butter on top. Bake until fish flakes when pierced with fork. Finally, serve with picadilly salsa.

Ar... nice weather out there.. but a little cold today. My thought after the meal? I love the salsa very much!!! The strong exotic fruits favor brings out the freshness and sweetness. I am going to make more for coming party!!! You just gotta share great meals with your friends, except that I could not explain the word "Picadilly" to my guests, too bad... hmmm



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home