2005-07-25

Illo Friday-Tranquility


They have been together for 5 years.

One day, he said “sorry”.

A simple word ends their relationship.

She is heart broken and silent. That is the longest tranquility she has ever had.

Weeks passed by … …

She still walks on the same street they first met, living in the city that has hidden
many of their past memories. Everything seems the same, except she is alone with fear now.

The coffee she used to like tastes different. The clothes that she used to wear turn out to be unattractive. She thinks that she has been used to the way he compliments her look.

She can hear that the city is crying for her at night.

She looked at me and said “Everything now looks so familiar.”

She continued “but I still feel the fear”

I asked “Fear of being alone?”

She answered “No, fear of forgetting him.”

Our conversation sinks into tranquility- it is just too much to wonder everything.

*************************************************************************
Comment: I always wanna write a short illustration story. This week's topic gives me a good start to draw and write as well. The reason I want to keep the story simple so that you can have your own interpretation based on my drawing. I hope that you will enjoy the version of your story through my drawing. Peace~~~ by Lora,July 25, at 8:44pm.
***************************************************************************

8 Comments:

Anonymous allison said...

this is darling! great idea and great illustration.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Rowantree said...

It´s so cute, draw and write, great idea !!

9:04 PM  
Blogger Nancy Miller said...

I love the story that accompanies the illustrations. Love the simple lines of the illustration.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Lora said...

Thank you for your compliments!!!
I am really happy that you guys like it :)

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful illustrations, and I enjoyed reading the story.

wynlen
wynleDesign

2:43 PM  
Anonymous natascha said...

It was a pleasure reading and seeing your illustrations. Beautiful. Congratulations

12:04 PM  
Blogger Rebeccashane said...

Lovely work. . love your style.

2:40 PM  
Blogger chacha said...

cute little comic book style. nice work.

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home